Dr. Erica talks about 10 simple steps for a caretaker to follow to provide nurturing for self and for the other person. This presentation was inspired by a radio interview with Johnny Delirious on his radio show, The Delirious Cure.
This presentation will be customized to fit the needs and requirements of your organization in terms of time (1 hour, 3 hours, full day, weekend), title or focus.
- Gain clarity about the exact diagnosis, prognosis and outside assistance required
- Locate the appropriate external resources available to the patient.
- Express often your love, concern and empathy for the patient.
- Recognize and affirm the internal resources inherent within the patient.
- Know yourself and what assistance you can and cannot give, provide, and promise
- Acknowledge and clearly state your own needs, limitations and boundaries
- Arm yourself with outside support just for YOU, for YOUR emotional and physical health
- Learn and practice self-help, stress management techniques to keep yourself balanced
- Indulge in activities that nurture your spirit and allow you to be carefree and have fun
- Develop an accepting and higher consciousness mindset