The format of each of these presentations will be adapted to suit your needs or the requirements of your organization for 1 hour, 3 hours, 1 day, 2 days, 3 days or a 4 week teleseminar, webinar series or live event.
Sexuality, Grief and Healthy Aging – Keeping Passion Alive
In this presentation Dr. Erica provides facts about healthy aging, physical and psychological illness as well as sexual problems and dilemmas that occur in the aging process. Presenting a series of real-life scenarios, Dr. Erica offers resources and solutions for spouses, family members, caretakers, medical and mental health professionals to handle typical situations that may arise.
Attendees will learn through research, real-life examples and personal experience:
- The meaning and effects of grief, mourning and the perception of loss as we age
- The difference between disease process and normal aging
- What research about centenarians and super centenarians reveals about healthy aging
- The healing potential of touch, sensual awareness and sexual expression
- How to access, build and restore passion to keep us vital through the years
Touch and Somatic Body Psychotherapy for Healthy Aging
In this workshop, Dr. Erica explains how introspection, life review, mindful awareness, touch and somatic body psychotherapy can facilitate and enhance the health and well being of the baby boomer population as they continue to come of age in this decade and beyond.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Identify and critique the most common myths about aging in American culture
- Facilitate introspection, life review, and mindful awareness of aging concerns
- Experience the benefits of mindfulness, touch, and sexuality for healthy aging
- Understand how combining talk with gentle touch is a catalyst for healing
- Create Create healthy, loving and supportive relationships throughout the aging process
Your body holds the secret to your own health and wellness. Your body doesn’t lie. If you listen to your body, pay attention to its subtle and sometimes not so subtle messages, you can maintain a state of health for many years to come.
The gentle touch of somatic body psychotherapy plus your own mindful awareness, enables your body to let go of habitual tension patterns as you become aware of sensations and express emotions you may not have been aware of before.
As your body lets down and lets go, your brain is able to shift the way it processes old memories and current events, so that you can develop a more comprehensive and uplifting perspective on your entire life.
Rubenfeld Synergy for Healthy Baby Boomers
The Rubenfeld Synergy Method of talk and touch can help to facilitate and maintain the health and well-being of people at any age.
Dr. Erica focuses on the benefits and potential impact of this unique method which combines talk and gentle touch, as well as other forms of touch and body oriented psychotherapy. Becoming aware of the possible causes and emotional meaning of various bodily ailments will help Baby Boomers to remain active, productive and vital through the final decades of their lives.
In this workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Recognize and refute the predominant false beliefs about aging
- Be guided through a personal life review up to the present moment
- Share in a safe environment about current and future health concerns
- Learn many life-altering principles and body-healing practices of the Rubenfeld Synergy Method of talk and touch